Sunday, February 17, 2008

When the women are away the boys will....cook?


Since Jerilyn is gone until Tuesday I thought it would be proper to cook up some "man food" around here. So I broke out the deep fryer and cooked me up some buffalo wings and fries. It's not very often that I use the deep fryer cause it sinks up the house so much, but I figured I'm the only one that will have to suffer. Once again I used the all knowing Joy of Cooking cookbook. They had the original recipe from the bar that actually invented buffalo wings in Buffalo, New York. The only thing that I could tell that was different was you use 2 Tbps red wine vinegar with the sauce mixture.

While I was at it, I sliced up a couple potatoes and made some fries to go along with the wings. Not too bad if I say so myself.

I'll leave you with a picture of something else us boys have been doing a lot of this weekend, sleeping.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you gotta love MAN FOOD! and sleeping.

foodierachel said...

Yeah! Were they HOT???

Nick said...

they weren't THAT hot, but I did break a sweat!

Jerilyn said...

I can't believe I missed the hot wings...and a Saturday full of napping with a sweet puppy. He looks so peaceful...