Thursday, August 2, 2007

McGraw's Ford

It's a sad day in the world of Springfield kayakers looking for a close place to drop their boat in the river. Missouri Dept. of Transportation announced today they will be closing McGraw's Ford, located at the intersection of Hwy 125 and the James River. Citing drugs, violence and bridge vandalism, the river access will be barricaded to prevent people from easily accessing the River at this location.

This is a great example of how the actions of a few low-life members of the group of people we like to call human scum ruin things for everyone. You can read all about it on the news-leader's website.

3 comments:

foodierachel said...

Is that the place I wanted to go a couple weeks ago and you were like....umm not a good idea...?

Anonymous said...

Yup...that's the one!

Anonymous said...

I resent this blog comment!!!!

McGraw's Ford is located in what I thought was a free country. If people want to destroy stuff and leave garbage they should be allowed to...because this is America.

My and my friends used to bust beer bottles down there all the time. I still have the Highway 25 sign we ripped off the side of the road in my bedroom.

You're right. It is a sad day in the Ozarks, but not for nerdy kayakers who just float by. It's a sad day for normal folks like myself and my gang who like to have a private place to hang out and do whatever the heck we want!!
Anonymous